User Tag List

Thread: Walk-Outs 3/15 over Climate Change

Thanks

Arrow Walk-Outs 3/15 over Climate Change

Many students will be skipping school this upcoming Friday to protest climate change.

How do we feel about this?

I love it. I have always advocated for not only [young] people to have their voices heard, but for people to make a push towards a greener Earth. With the exception of the kids not going to school, I wish this could happen everyday.

Thanks

Agreed.

Thanks

And what will this do? Better yet, instead of demonstrating a protest and skipping class, actually go out and help the earth. Make a day of it to pick up trash on the street or do some recycling around the city or something. The activism would strike a chord if there is additional action behind this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kbangs000 View Post
    And what will this do? Better yet, instead of demonstrating a protest and skipping class, actually go out and help the earth. Make a day of it to pick up trash on the street or do some recycling around the city or something. The activism would strike a chord if there is additional action behind this.
    That's literally what Earth Day was created for by a senator in the last 1900's.

If it wasn't obvious, it's not enough to have that one day. We kind of need to get more serious about our environment and caring about climate change, and these kids get the idea. If only the people at DC understood it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJSMurphy View Post
    That's literally what Earth Day was created for by a senator in the last 1900's.

If it wasn't obvious, it's not enough to have that one day. We kind of need to get more serious about our environment and caring about climate change, and these kids get the idea. If only the people at DC understood it.
    I think DC is well aware. Some can see that most of this is political.

As for the kids missing school, it's their right. And they can face any consequences for their actions.

Thread Information